March 4, 2014
Power BI for Office 365 is a self-service business intelligence (BI) solution delivered through Excel and Office 365 that provides information workers with data analysis and visualization capabilities to identify deeper business insights about their data. With Power BI for Office 365, you can connect to data in the cloud or extend your existing on-premises data sources and systems to quickly build and deploy self-service BI solutions hosted in Microsoft’s trusted enterprise cloud.
Microsoft Adds Connectivity for SAP BusinessObjects to Power BI for Office 365
Some of the capabilities enabled by the connectivity are:
- Seamless access to trusted enterprise data – connect to the latest, accurate, and trusted data from an SAP BusinessObjects BI Universe including SAP BW and SAP Business Suite.
- Business friendly semantics in familiar business tools – easily work with data by navigating dimensions and measures from an SAP BusinessObjects BI Universe directly in Excel.
- Combining data from within and outside your organization – discover and combine SAP data with public, corporate and big data sources such as Windows Azure HDInsight.
- No hassle data refresh on-premises and in the cloud – refresh your data without a manual process, even connecting back to on-premises data sources from the cloud with Power BI to stay up to date.
- Deep interactive analysis and visualization – explore and present your data from an SAP BusinessObjects BI Universe visually through charts, graphs, and a 3D map experience.
- Sharing and collaborating on newfound data and insights – unlock data and insights from an SAP BusinessObjects BI Universe by sharing them across your organization with Power BI.
February 28, 2014
Desiging Great Apps
Apple introduces Design Great Apps pages with several videos and documentation. A great resource for designers and developers that will help them create better applications.
Exceptional user experience is a hallmark of Apple, and a distinguishing feature of apps built for iOS and OS X. Review the resources below to learn how to build the polished, engaging, and intuitive apps that Apple customers have come to expect.
February 25, 2014
Origami is a free toolkit for Quartz Composer, created by the Facebook Design team, that makes interactive design prototyping easy and doesn’t require programming.
Quartz Composer is a freely-available Mac OS X application by Apple that’s been around for nearly a decade. It was never designed for the purpose of interaction prototyping though: it’s primarily a motion graphics tool.
Improvements to Quartz Composer:
- Retina support for the viewer;
- Automatically add a Layer patch when you drag in an image;
- The up and down arrow keys can be used in text fields in the Inspector window;
- Disabled patches show up as dimmed;
- Native full screen support in the viewer window;
- Connections are maintained when a splitter is deleted;
- Fix an issue introduced in 10.8 that replaced spaces with underscores in port names;
- Fix a crash introduced in 10.9 when you close a document
I recommend you watch this video before starting to use because it is not really easy.
February 19, 2014
iTunes Connect introduces the new Sales and Trends.
Finally in iTunes Connect a new version of Sales and Trends that introduces interactive features to help users better understand sales data. We now have the ability to:
- View sales within a selected time period;
- Group sales data (for example, by territory);
- Filter sales by one or more values (for example, by app name and transaction type);
- See estimated proceeds (in U.S. dollars)
February 7, 2014
I was very happy of the business news introduced by Apple for the iOS7 including VPN. Apps can now be configured to automatically connect to VPN when they are Launched.
I read a lot of times iOS Configuration Profile Reference and configured all the settings in our MDM without being able to make it work. Finally in a forum of a MDM competitor i read these simple words:
- The “Per app VPN” feature does not support the built-in VPN functionality as provided in iOS. Therefore, you cannot use this one.
- You must have installed a VPN client on the iOS device which supports the “Per app VPN” feature. If this is installed, you must deploy a VPN configuration for this client and in addition specify the VPN profile to be used by the app.
So before use Per App VPN you have to download your vpn client on App Store supporting this feature.
January 28, 2014
There are days when you remember that your certificate is about to expire or you need to use it on a new mac for development. Open Safari go to http://developer.apple.com/ and find…We’ll be back soon
January 9, 2014
Just updated my Mac from Mountain Lion to Mavericks, after second Restart when the login window appeared also apeared a Password input window asking me to enter the password for several “local items” in the keychain but when I type my administrator password it won’t work. Panic…
I have read many forums and I finally fixed the problem in this way:
- Open terminal cd ~/Library/Keychains
- When you ‘ls’ here you will see a folder that contains a bunch of random number liks so:
- 94ED610F-DD96-4ECF-A2BC-7D2F8651A464 (this number is unique on each system)
- rm -rf 94ED610F-DD96-4ECF-A2BC-7D2F8651A464
January 7, 2014
This time it was Intel to shoot higher, at CES 2014 Intel CEO Brian Krzanich announced Edison.
The Intel Edison board features a low-power 22nm 400MHz Intel® Quark processor with two cores, integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and runs Linux.
Intel Edison board-powered devices can cooperate in highly customized and sophisticated ways. These devices don’t have to be hardwired one-trick ponies; they can house multiple apps that can be downloaded and installed just like we do with phones and tablets.
For more info visit http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/do-it-yourself/edison.html
December 25, 2013
Be appassionate for life, we have the power to change.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2014
December 20, 2013
OS X Server
With OS X Server (Mavericks), the VPN service may no longer accept L2TP connections. This can happen if the client and server are behind different network address translation (NAT) gateways.
Don’t worry and fix it with VPN Update for Mavericks Server
This update requires OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 and Server 3.0.1.