April 4, 2014
The main focus of ASP.NET Identity 2.0 was to add security and account management features as well as address feedback from the community.
You can download ASP.NET Identity from the NuGet gallery. You can install or update to these packages through NuGet using the NuGet Package Manager Console, like this:
- ASP.NET Identity now support two-factor authentication
- The ASP.NET Identity system now supports Account Confirmation by confirming the email of the user.
- Password Reset is a feature where the user can reset their passwords if they have forgotten their password
- Support a way to regenerate the Security Stamp for the user in cases when the User changes their password or any other security related information such as removing an associated login(such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft Account etc).
- In 1.0 the type of PK for Users and Roles was strings. This means when the ASP.NET Identity system was persisted in Sql Server using Entity Framework, we were using nvarchar.
March 31, 2014
The idea of iPantry came with the move into the new house. At the end some product is always missing, from toothpaste to water. Now you have no excuse :)
iPantry is the best and practical way to manage and organize products in your pantries.
Only a few click to create a pantry, associate products, manage stocks and use your Reminder.
- Complete pantries management with the possibility of transferring products;
- Product management with the ability to set a minimum stock and the expiry date;
- Stock management with the ability to export by email or on your Reminder;
- Management of iPantry list in your Reminder and synchronize it with iCloud;
Read the rest of this entry »
March 19, 2014
Android Wear extends the Android platform to a new generation of wearable devices. The user experience is designed specifically for wearables.
The Android Wear Developer Preview provides tools and APIs that allow you to enhance your app notifications to provide an optimized user experience on Android Wear.
With the Android Wear Developer Preview, you can:
- Run the Android Wear platform in the Android emulator.
- Connect your Android device to the emulator and view notifications from the device as cards on Android Wear.
- Try new APIs in the preview support library that enhance your app’s notifications with features such as voice replies and notification pages.
Sign Up for the Developer Preview
Signing up provides you access to:
- New notification APIs in the preview support library.
- Sample apps using the new notification APIs.
- The Android Wear Preview app for your mobile device, which connects your device to the Android Wear emulator.
So it’s time for Apple to response…iWatch is coming.
March 12, 2014
CarPlay is a new and best way to use Apple iPhone in the car that support it. But to create new App you have to request permission to Apple.
MPPlayableContentManager and MPContentItem class are only used for CarPlay. Using it requires a special entitlement issued by Apple. Apps without the correct entitlement will not appear on the CarPlay home screen.
Read the rest of this entry »
March 4, 2014
Power BI for Office 365 is a self-service business intelligence (BI) solution delivered through Excel and Office 365 that provides information workers with data analysis and visualization capabilities to identify deeper business insights about their data. With Power BI for Office 365, you can connect to data in the cloud or extend your existing on-premises data sources and systems to quickly build and deploy self-service BI solutions hosted in Microsoft’s trusted enterprise cloud.
Microsoft Adds Connectivity for SAP BusinessObjects to Power BI for Office 365
Some of the capabilities enabled by the connectivity are:
- Seamless access to trusted enterprise data – connect to the latest, accurate, and trusted data from an SAP BusinessObjects BI Universe including SAP BW and SAP Business Suite.
- Business friendly semantics in familiar business tools – easily work with data by navigating dimensions and measures from an SAP BusinessObjects BI Universe directly in Excel.
- Combining data from within and outside your organization – discover and combine SAP data with public, corporate and big data sources such as Windows Azure HDInsight.
- No hassle data refresh on-premises and in the cloud – refresh your data without a manual process, even connecting back to on-premises data sources from the cloud with Power BI to stay up to date.
- Deep interactive analysis and visualization – explore and present your data from an SAP BusinessObjects BI Universe visually through charts, graphs, and a 3D map experience.
- Sharing and collaborating on newfound data and insights – unlock data and insights from an SAP BusinessObjects BI Universe by sharing them across your organization with Power BI.
February 28, 2014
Desiging Great Apps
Apple introduces Design Great Apps pages with several videos and documentation. A great resource for designers and developers that will help them create better applications.
Exceptional user experience is a hallmark of Apple, and a distinguishing feature of apps built for iOS and OS X. Review the resources below to learn how to build the polished, engaging, and intuitive apps that Apple customers have come to expect.
February 25, 2014
Origami is a free toolkit for Quartz Composer, created by the Facebook Design team, that makes interactive design prototyping easy and doesn’t require programming.
Quartz Composer is a freely-available Mac OS X application by Apple that’s been around for nearly a decade. It was never designed for the purpose of interaction prototyping though: it’s primarily a motion graphics tool.
Improvements to Quartz Composer:
- Retina support for the viewer;
- Automatically add a Layer patch when you drag in an image;
- The up and down arrow keys can be used in text fields in the Inspector window;
- Disabled patches show up as dimmed;
- Native full screen support in the viewer window;
- Connections are maintained when a splitter is deleted;
- Fix an issue introduced in 10.8 that replaced spaces with underscores in port names;
- Fix a crash introduced in 10.9 when you close a document
I recommend you watch this video before starting to use because it is not really easy.
February 19, 2014
iTunes Connect introduces the new Sales and Trends.
Finally in iTunes Connect a new version of Sales and Trends that introduces interactive features to help users better understand sales data. We now have the ability to:
- View sales within a selected time period;
- Group sales data (for example, by territory);
- Filter sales by one or more values (for example, by app name and transaction type);
- See estimated proceeds (in U.S. dollars)
February 7, 2014
I was very happy of the business news introduced by Apple for the iOS7 including VPN. Apps can now be configured to automatically connect to VPN when they are Launched.
I read a lot of times iOS Configuration Profile Reference and configured all the settings in our MDM without being able to make it work. Finally in a forum of a MDM competitor i read these simple words:
- The “Per app VPN” feature does not support the built-in VPN functionality as provided in iOS. Therefore, you cannot use this one.
- You must have installed a VPN client on the iOS device which supports the “Per app VPN” feature. If this is installed, you must deploy a VPN configuration for this client and in addition specify the VPN profile to be used by the app.
So before use Per App VPN you have to download your vpn client on App Store supporting this feature.
January 28, 2014
There are days when you remember that your certificate is about to expire or you need to use it on a new mac for development. Open Safari go to http://developer.apple.com/ and find…We’ll be back soon :-(